Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Top 5 (Favorite) Movies of All Time

For day 5, the category is 'Movie'. This is way more difficult than I thought. I have far too many favorite movies. But after some debating with myself, I think I'm just gonna go with these 5 titles.

1. The Lion King (1994)

I know I was only 4 years old when the movie's released, for the first time, but I've been watching this movie so often that I can reenact some scenes perfectly with all the lines and intonations. This is the Disney movie I grew up with.

Here's my favorite scene and lines in the movie:
Banzai: Yeah, be prepared! We'll be prepared... for what? 
Scar: For the death of the king!  
Banzai: Why? Is he sick?  
Scar: No, fool, we're going to kill him. And Simba, too.  
Shenzi: Hey, great idea! Who needs a king?  
BanzaiShenzi: [singing and dancing around Ed] No king, no king, la la la la la la...  
Scar: Idiots! There will *be* a king!  
Banzai: Hey, but you said that...  
Scar: *I* will be king. Stick with me, and you'll never go hungry again!  
BanzaiShenzi: Yeah, all right! Long live the king! [other hyenas join in 
BanzaiShenzi: Long live the king! Long live the king!  

2. Exam (2009)


If you look this movie up on IMDB, its rating is actually not quite good. But I think, this movie is beyond genius. The movie is 101 minutes long, with only 1 main background setting and only 10 talents in total. I mean, how genius is that? With that kind of 'condition', the movie's plot is like the number 1 selling point, right? And  this time around, finding a movie with a decent plot is not as easy as I want. 

There's this 1 Hollywood movie I watched, with all the explosion and crazy ass amazing CG. I liked the prequel, and was kinda hoping that the sequel would be at least as good. But when I watch it, I was like, what the what? That movie's production must spend a fortune, and the story line couldn't suck more. See what I mean?

I believe there are some other movie, that's not a drama, that have great story line. But I think Exam is just exceptional with only 1 main background setting and only 10 cast members.

3. Finding Nemo (2003)

This movie's just full of lessons, if you ask me. Marlin kinda reminds me of someone I know, and I totally get how Nemo felt.

And Dory? How adorable is she? With the "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." and all the optimism, she's easily my favorite character in Finding Nemo.

And the sharks? The Australian turtles? Clever jokes. Me likey.

Don't forget everyone, fish are friends, not food.

Kidding. I love seafood.

4. RocknRolla (2008)

I love European guys in a movie, British men in particular. But among all, I love Gerard Butler the most. He's just hot.

When this movie was shown on TV, and I noticed Gary Butler was in it, I thought, I gotta have that movie and watch it properly, 'cause you know, in our local TV, there's a lot of things they censored out and I can't watch a movie like that.

So I got the movie, and watched it, and fell in love. Gary Butler is just as hot as ever, but there's this one character who's even hotter. His name (the character) was Archy, and he's played by Mark Strong. Weird thing is, I don't find Mark Strong as hot as Archy.

Archy was the character narrating the movie. I don't know but I have a thing for a movie with a narration, especially if the voice of the narrator is irresistible. In short, Archy is exactly how I imagined a perfect old-school British man would be like, and I like it.

5. Face/Off (1997)

John Travolta and Nicolas Cage's acting is unbelievably amazing in this movie. Both make a great protagonist and antagonist. Confused?

In this movie, Travolta and Cage kinda switched roles. Travolta was originally the good guy, and Cage was the crazy bad guy. Then the crisis happened, and suddenly Cage was the good guy, and Travolta was the bad guy. Got it?

They actually switched faces. That's why the movie's called Face/Off, 'cause Travolta and Cage both had their faces 'off' their head and 'on' to the other head. I know, they're nothing like each other. But their acting? Whew~

Also, the characters' names in the movie are somewhat based on Greek and Roman myth/tale. Cage was Castor Troy, his brother was Pollux Troy, and Travolta was Sean Archer. Yet another reason to put this on the top 5 list. :D


So, I guess that's it. I still have other titles in my mind, but let's just say this 5 is my have-to-be-on-the-list favorite movies. 'kay? :P

What a long post, huh?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Setujonkkk.... Finding nemo is the one for me...

Waktu pertama beli nonton nie kaset ampe 4 kali/hari dan seenggak'nya sekali/hari dalam 2 bulan...

Andita Budhi Utami said...

@mpok maisun
Weits, sering amat mpok. xD
Minum obat aja nggak segitunya, hihihihi.

Unknown said...

saii aq nominasikan ke liebster award ya

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting